Is Tenex (guanfacine) good for adhd?

Sometimes. Meds like Tenex (guanfacine) work like "addition by subtraction". By reducing "hyper"activity &subduing some impulsiveness, the patient has better self control &can essentially make informed, beneficial choices -rather than just react excessively to various stimuli. A much better form of Guanfacine is the newer Intuniv - its long, stable delivery of the same med causes less drowsiness & is much more effective.
Research. Robust research demonstrates that Guanfacine improves neurologic function in add pts. This research includes fmri studies. We usually use it as an adjunctive treatemnt, but in some pts, it's the only medication that works.