How do I know whether I have angina or coronary artery disease?

Dr. Charles Jost
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Symptom vs disease

Angina, or chest pain or angina equivalents (there are many) are a symptom usually of heart disease.
Coronary artery disease, cad, is a progressive disease: plaque builds up in the arteries of the heart and this can lead to blockage(s), ischemia (insufficient blood flow) which can cause pain or angina.

In brief: Symptom vs disease

Dr. Charles Jost
Dr. Charles Jost
Dr. ALADIN MARIANO
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: In specificity

Angina is chest pain due to diminished blood flow to heart muscle; maybe from constriction or blockage.
Coronary disease is abnormality in coronary artery itself . Heart disease is abnormality in any part of the heart.

In brief: In specificity

Dr. ALADIN MARIANO
Dr. ALADIN MARIANO
Dr. Adam Smith