How do I know whether I have angina or coronary artery disease?

Symptom vs disease. Angina, or chest pain or angina equivalents (there are many) are a symptom usually of heart disease. Coronary artery disease, cad, is a progressive disease: plaque builds up in the arteries of the heart and this can lead to blockage (s), ischemia (insufficient blood flow) which can cause pain or angina.
In specificity. Angina is chest pain due to diminished blood flow to heart muscle; maybe from constriction or blockage. Coronary disease is abnormality in coronary artery itself. Heart disease is abnormality in any part of the heart.