Must I increase protein in my diet if I exercise more?

In brief: No

The best thing to do is eat a healthy variety of foods.

In brief: No

Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Peter Ihle
Supliments only if U r intake is low, read labels an get a chart of foods U eat 4 protein content.
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Yes.

But it depends on how much protein you already ingest! Nonethless, protein intake can be increased to 2 gm per kg (2.
2 lbs) of body weight. You will benefit from higher protein intake and muscularity and aerobic capacity will increase. More protein than stated above provides no additional benefits!

In brief: Yes.

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Anti-Aging Medicine

In brief: Depends on goals

If you are trying to add muscle, you do need more protein in order to reap the benefits of resistance training.
What are you trying to achieve?

In brief: Depends on goals

What are you trying to achieve?
Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine