When shoudl someone call my doctor after a laceration?

Depends on how bad. And where the laceration is located. If deep or bleeding a lot, or in a very sensitive area, or on face or hand, call the doc, describe it, and the doc will make a determination if yu have to have it evaluated for sutures or whatever rx appropriate. Common sense, as always, is the way to go.