What must I do if my puncture wound starts swelling?

Dr. John Leander Po
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: Go to doctor!
Fever, pus from the puncture wound, swelling/redness that's worsening, pain that is unusual or out of proportion, bleeding, .
..If in doubt , call your doctor. These symptoms may mean your infection is getting worse, and may require surgical debrided net or IV antibiotics.

In brief: Go to doctor!
Dr. John Leander Po
Dr. John Leander Po
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry
In brief: Get it looked at.
Puncture wounds can lead of severe infections.
These infections could spread deep down to bone. If it gets severe enough, this could lead to loss of limb or even life. With puncture wounds, one may also develop tetanus. Have the wound properly evaluated and treated to avoid preventable complications.

In brief: Get it looked at.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat