Is fibromyalgia a syndrome of some kind?

Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

Since a syndrome is a combination of body alterations that fit a pattern, that is an appropriate term for fibromyalgia.

Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Dr. Laurence Badgley
The reason for a "spectrum of disorder" for fibromyalgia is that the cause, pelvic girdle instability due to pelvic ligament laxity, manifests differently in individuals & genders.  The body musculoskeletal tower is constantly stressed by gravity & a body tilted above an unstable pelvis incurs widely ranging chronic muscle spasm leading to varying densities of painful trigger points. The delicate female pelvis is more easily injured & women have an higher incidence of Joint Hypermobility Syndrome (inherited trait) that contributes to pelvis instability.  Female pelvices are subject to varying intensities of permanent injury related to frequency of childbirth.  In both sexes, severity of symptoms is a function of musculoskeletal deconditioning & upper body mass borne by an unstable pelvis.  On a Pain Board at Quora.com a medical researcher discusses these dynamics, which are the true cause of fibromyalgia. 
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice

Fibromyalgia is label for constellation of symptoms including chronic pain four quarters of back, restless non-restorative sleep, depression, chronic fatigue & in some cases headaches, panic attacks, fainting, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Endometriosis, Interstitial Cystitis & chronic widespread pain throughout body.
Certain anatomical loci, which oft align w. ligaments & tendons tender to palpation.

Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
At Quora.com, under my name, and on my Pain Syndrome board of posts, I offer 100 essays devoted to the cause and treatment of Fibromyalgia.  At Healthtap.com, I have answered dozens of questions about these subjects, and which can probably be accessed. 
Dr. Liesa Harte

In brief: Fibromyalgia

Fibromyalgia is a disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain accompanied by fatigue, sleep, memory and mood issues.
Researchers believe that fibromyalgia amplifies painful sensations by affecting the way your brain processes pain signals.

In brief: Fibromyalgia

Dr. Liesa Harte
Dr. Liesa Harte