How do other chronic illnesses affect fibromyalgia?

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Can see with many

It is important to identify that fibromyalgia can occur with a variety of medical conditions.
When we see people with inflammatory arthritis, lupus, etc we have to evaluate whether the symptoms are related to the underlying disease or what we sometimes call secondary fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is related to poor exercise, poor sleep and/or poor control of psychological issues which can complicate.

In brief: Can see with many

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice

In brief: Enhance

As to how other illnesses influence fibromyalgia: pain, poor nutrition, restless sleep, and sedentary lifestyle potentiate fibromyalgia evolution.
Non restorative sleep begets depression. Pain begets non-restorative sleep. Poor nutrition and sedentary lifestyles contribute to failure of the musculoskeletal system.

In brief: Enhance

Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
At Quora.com, under my name, and on my Pain Syndrome board of posts, I offer 100 essays devoted to the cause and treatment of Fibromyalgia, IBS, TOS, TMJ, and Endometriosis.  At Healthtap.com, I have answered dozens of questions about these subjects, and which can be accessed. 
Dr. Vikram Patel