What research is being done on fibromyalgia treatment?

Dr. Steven Watry
General Practice
In brief: Probably much
I know from patients that many are helped my acupuncture, and anti-inflammatory diets.
Exercise, some anti-depressants, and omega 3 also help. Best Wishes

In brief: Probably much
Dr. Steven Watry
Dr. Steven Watry
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Lots
In the medical journals that i read, i see article after article about fibromyalgia.
I believe it is a very active area of research.

In brief: Lots
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Darrell Herrington
It's a dysfunction of the neuromuscular junction, so specific neuromodulators are under investigation to address that .
Dr. Lauren Elson
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: All adjuncts
There may be ongoing studies for treatment of fibromyalgia.
Without baseline cardiovascular activity (goal is 30 mins 5x/wk), regular sleep, and good nutrition, it is unlikely that any additional medications would be as beneficial. Acupuncture and medications that target nerve input like gabapentin, pregabalin, and duloxetine can be helpful adjuncts.

In brief: All adjuncts
Dr. Lauren Elson
Dr. Lauren Elson
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice
In brief: Britain
Re: research on fibromyalgia.
British doctors have observed relationship between Joint Hypermobility Syndrome (JHS), fibromyalgia, & chronic pain. To my mind JHS potentiates delicate female pelvis joints to abnormal ligament laxity from childbirth & mechanical injury. Experimental evaluation of trigger points is important because these are likely the soft tissue peripheral pain generators in FM.

In brief: Britain
Re: research on fibromyalgia.
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
At Quora.com, under my name, and on my Pain Syndrome board of posts, I offer 100 essays devoted to the cause and treatment of Fibromyalgia.  At Healthtap.com, I have answered dozens of questions about these subjects, and which can probably be accessed. 
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery