How would know if i'm a good candidate for fibromyalgia drug trials?

Dr. Andrew Ho
In brief: Fibromyalgia impact
Impact of symptoms is the best measure of disease severity.
Dr. Robert bennett published the fibromyalgia impact questionnaire (fiqr) that makes it easy for patients to find out. There is a "fibromyalgia" app that makes using and scoring fiqr easy. Based on your fiqr score, you will know how you compare to other patients. This will give you a good idea whether you have fibromyalgia.

In brief: Fibromyalgia impact
Dr. Andrew Ho
Dr. Andrew Ho
Dr. Laurence Badgley
The unifying genetic relationship in fibromyalgia is probably Joint Hypermobility Syndrome (JHS), a known genetic condition.  I have noted that a good portion of female fibromyalgia sufferers satisfy the Bristol Criteria for JHS, and are able to oppose thumb to lateral radial skin, hyperextended elbows and knees, and can place their palms on the floor with knees locked.  Most could put their feet behind their head and back bridge as youngsters and many can do so as adults.  JHS is a disorder with a spectrum of penetrance; with Marfans and Ehlers-Danlos at the clinical severity end of the spectrum.  My speculation is that the trait is conserved in females because it increases pelvic joint (SIJ and symphysis pubis) flexibility during childbirth.  Many of my patients with fibromyalgia and subclinical JHS delivered their fourth or fifth child in minutes rather than hours.  I speculate that repetitive childbirth, in conjunction with the hormone Relaxin, progressively loosens pelvic ligaments.  This functionality would seem to favor infant survivability.  To my mind fibromyalgia results from the effects of a loose ligament-skeletal system attempting to maintain a medial center of gravity via chronic muscle spasm leading to widespread ischemic trigger points (after the work of Shah at NIH).
Dr. Krishna Kumar
In brief: Fibromyalgia
I understand that you are concerned about your condition and want to have improvement.
Please have thorough medical and psychiatric evaluation to establish the diagnosis.

In brief: Fibromyalgia
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice
In brief: You aren't
? how to know if fibromyalgia (FM) drug-trial candidate.
No one is since FM not a disease. FM is label for collection of symptoms resultant from causal arrays (femaleness, childbirth, mechanical injuries, hypermobility, obesity, prolonged inactivity fr. disease). Pain medicines treat symptoms. Rational medicine requires unique med for single etiology (microbe, gene, toxin). FM absent one etiology.

In brief: You aren't
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Jane Van Dis