Does fibromyalgia get worse?

Dr. Pierre Moeser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: No
It is not a progressive disease and it is never fatal.
See the excellent information on the www.Arthritis.Org website.

In brief: No
Dr. Pierre Moeser
Dr. Pierre Moeser
2 comments
Dr. David Hardin
"Fibromyalgia hurts but it won't hurt you"
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Not true. The degree of inactivity can be profound and result in housebound and bed ridden existence. There are reports of suicide.
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice
In brief: It can
? whether fibromyalgia can "get worse".
It can, as cases of those who are bed or housebound demonstrate. Amongst fibromyalgics are all varieties of disability; evidence that the disorder is etiologically variant. Aquatherapy, Cannabis & certain FDA meds proven helpful. Positive activities, nutrition, gentle exercise & mindfulness therapies seem to be integral to healing; as survivors inform us.

In brief: It can
? whether fibromyalgia can "get worse".
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
On my Pain Syndrome board at Quora.com, I present 100 essays which discuss the diagnosis, multiple causes of, and rational therapies to reverse the symptoms of fibromyalgia.
Dr. Eric Weisman