Will breastfeeding help me lose the baby weight?

In brief: Depends

If you look at the specifics, creating breast milk for baby requires metabolic work on your part ( that is quite passive).
Over 1yr your breasts will use your body energy to create roughly 500-1000 cal/day for baby. If you only consume the diet you need for your pre-pregnancy weight, you could drop 1-2 pounds a week due to breastfeeding alone.If you eat more you loose less.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Susan Rhoads
Yep, Dr. Ferguson is correct, it can burn as many calories as running or walking 5 miles! I wanted to breastfeed my daughter till she went to college. LOL (Obviously didn't but it sure was the easiest way ever to control weight)
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen

Yes, this is clearly shown in multiple published studies.

Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Dr. Shontae Buffington