Why must I bring my partner to my breast-feeding class? He will be embarassed or stare.

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Promotes connection

It takes a village to raise a baby.
My suggestion is that all those who will be involved in caring for the baby be well informed about feeding, etc. I also recommend that an expectant couple start discussing early what classes on labor/ delivery he should attend in order to prepare for that big event. The more education a family has, the better they can detect or prevent problems when baby's home.

In brief: Promotes connection

It takes a village to raise a baby.
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Bonding

Having a baby is an exciting time for a couple.
Many couples enjoy the experience of going to childbirth classes together. For men this can be a way of sharing the experience with his partner. Breast feeding is nothing to be embarrassed about. Although the man will never breast-feed he can certainly support you and be a part of the experience.

In brief: Bonding

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham