How is postpartum depression self-diagnosed?

It should not be. Post-partum depression is a serious, potentially life-threatening medical condition that needs to be ruled out by a qualified professional and is a medical emergency, as in get to the emergency room, by ambulance if necessary, if the woman has thoughts of killing herself or others, or seems to have lost touch with reality.
Call your physician. Contact a mental health professional with specialization/expertise in assessment and treatment of postpartum depression. Although you can look to see if you have symptoms, it is best to have this assessed by a qualified mental health provider. You can also contact postpartum support, international at www. Postpartum. Net.
Different take. A subjective feeling of depression is a clinical part of assisting for depression; insomnia, daytime fatigue, etc. If you feel that you are depressed than you are. Treatment needs to occur or it may well get worse. Hang in there.