How does postpartum depression affect my family?

Adds More Stress. Any illness puts a stress on a family balance. Having a baby puts a stress on a family as well (even if it's a positive stress). Every family deals differently with stress and any particular action by the family will be dependent on how family deals with stress during "bad" times. If you feel, you have post-partum depression, get evaluated, get treatment for your sake and sake of your child.
Multiple ways. Subtle interractions between yourself and the baby can be affected. A babies brain is 400 gms at birth and 800 grams at 2 Y.O. A lot is happenning that affects basic programming and had been termed maternal looping.Otherwise, we probably don't have to tell you the effects; increased stress changes the dynamics and it depends on the family, get help.