How can I cope with my daughter's postpartum depression?

Dr. Susan Feingold
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Educate him

Spouses and family members can do a lot to help by providing emotional support to the mother with ppd.
However in order to do that, they need to be educated about the illness. I would suggest you get books or articles that you can read to understand ways to help. Sometimes families are having their own difficulties coping, and may need to get support or treatment too.

In brief: Educate him

Dr. Susan Feingold
Dr. Susan Feingold
Dr. William Singer
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: Consult her treaters

Your daughter should be seeing a psychiatrist.
With her permission ask to speak to her treaters to get advice. Be as helpful with childcare and reducing pressure on her.

In brief: Consult her treaters

Dr. William Singer
Dr. William Singer
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Support/ help

Be supportive, get her help if needed (if her functioning and care for the baby are impaired).
Offer help with the baby, but don't forget to take care of self. Take breaks when you need them. It will be easy for you to get caught up in the emotion; therefore, it's important to do lots of self-care.

In brief: Support/ help

Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Miroslava Fox