How can I care for myself after browlift or eyelid surgery?

Pretty simple... Generally we ask people not to lie flat for 2-3 days and apply cold compresses to the eyelids: these will help minimize bruising and swelling. You should avoid activities that will raise your blood pressure for about 10 days to minimize the chance of re-bleeding. These kind of operations generally heal quite quickly because of the excellent blood supply to the head and neck.
Straight-forward. I tell patients to ice their eyes for the first 2-3 days. It's ok to shower immediately. Ointment is applied to the incisions three times daily. You should also sleep with the head of your bed elevated for at least three days to minimize swelling. I hope this information is helpful. Stephen weber, M.D. Lone tree facial plastic surgeon.
Ask your surgeon. Each surgeon varies in their postoperative care regimen so it is best to ask your surgeon.