How can I care for myself after browlift or eyelid surgery?

Dr. Barry Press
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Pretty simple...
Generally we ask people not to lie flat for 2-3 days and apply cold compresses to the eyelids: these will help minimize bruising and swelling.
You should avoid activities that will raise your blood pressure for about 10 days to minimize the chance of re-bleeding. These kind of operations generally heal quite quickly because of the excellent blood supply to the head and neck.

In brief: Pretty simple...
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Matheson Harris
Keeping the head elevated for the first few days helps with swelling, if you can tolerate sleeping this way.
Dr. Barry Press
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Pretty simple...

In brief: Pretty simple...
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Stephen Weber
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Straight-forward
I tell patients to ice their eyes for the first 2-3 days.
It's ok to shower immediately. Ointment is applied to the incisions three times daily. You should also sleep with the head of your bed elevated for at least three days to minimize swelling. I hope this information is helpful. Stephen weber, M.D. Lone tree facial plastic surgeon.

In brief: Straight-forward
Dr. Stephen Weber
Dr. Stephen Weber
Dr. David Sherris
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Ask your surgeon
Each surgeon varies in their postoperative care regimen so it is best to ask your surgeon.

In brief: Ask your surgeon
Dr. David Sherris
Dr. David Sherris