Would need to call my doctor if I have a black eye?

For dysfunction. If your vision is disturbed, the pain is significant, there is skin tearing or bleeding through the skin, or the eye cannot move, then seek help. Also if the hit was enough to fracture the bones around the eye, then you need evaluation also. See your ophthalmologist for this.