What must I think about if I have lasik?

Happy thoughts. Be grateful you live in an era when correction of the vision is possible with this technology. Be happy you are eligible for correction eyewise and physically. The procedure itself is fairly rapid, pain free with rapid recovery. This can be a transforming experience.
LASIK considerations. Above all else, you must have a thorough evaluation to determine if you are a good candidate. The best candidates have a stable refractive error, no significant dry eyes, have adequate corneal thickness, have a prescription that is within the optimum range, have an absence of contra-indicated eye diseases/medicines and have reasonable expectations. Make sure you have an understanding of risks.
LASIK risks. The main risks of lasik are need for touchup, dry eye, glare & haloes, infection, corneal scarring, decreased vision, and possible need for glasses or contact lens.