What are complications of surgery for deviated septum?

Risks of septoplasty. With any procedure there is the risk of bleeding or infection. With septal surgery, risks include septal perforation, saddle nose deformity, CSF leak and even the need for revision surgery. Be sure to have your nose evaluated by a board certified otolaryngologist.
Multiple. Most common is under correction of the original problem. Most serious is perforation of the septum with a non healing transseptal fistula. Septoplasty is highly specialized surgery, and should be undertaken by a specialist with experience.
The usual + others. All operations are potentially complicated by bleeding, infection, anesthetic problems and death. Septal surgery is rarely complicated like this, but has other possible complications including loss of the normal nasal profile, perforation of the septum. Because these operations are generally done for nasal obstruction, if there are other causes for the obstruction, incomplete correction may occur.