Will I be told about the organ donor before my liver transplant?

Yes. You have the right to know any pertinent medical information about your potential donor. Of you are not told you should ask and you always have the right to refuse an organ without losing your place on the list.
Necessary informatio. The recipient has a right to know as much about the liver donor that can affect the outcome of the transplant. Usually age, gender, cause of death, and any other donor disease that can be transmitted with the transplant or affect the outcome will be discussed with you by your transplant team.