How successful is surgery for pelvic prolapse?

Very. Surgery for pelvic prolapse done by a well trained specialist has a high degree of success and a somewhat predictable rate of long term failure or recurrence. The key is good training and ongoing volume and surgery chosen that is applicable to the patient's specific prolapse problem(s).
High success. Surgery for pelvic support problems is always an individualized treatment, but overall the success rate today is better than 90% in most surgeons experience and the complication rate is low. Minimally invasive techniques make the surgery an even better option.