Can coarctation of the aorta cause poor growth in height?

Dr. Sarosh Batlivala
Pediatrics - Cardiology
In brief: Possible but...
It certainly could, though growth retardation is not a classic side effect.
Hypertension is most common in older individuals (after infancy, but including children). Slow growth only is not likely related.

In brief: Possible but...
Dr. Sarosh Batlivala
Dr. Sarosh Batlivala
Dr. Samuel Freedman
In brief: Coarctation
Anything affecting a major organ system can affect growth.
The major association between coarctation and growth in females is turner syndrome. Make sure your doctor rules this out.

In brief: Coarctation
Dr. Samuel Freedman
Dr. Samuel Freedman
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Is related
Well, there is a syndrome called turner's syndrome which is congenital and two of the features are short stature and coarctation of the aorta.
However, to my knowlege, the coarctation does not cause the short stature, they are just related. I know of no especial association where the coarctation causes the short stature.

In brief: Is related
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Marsha Davis