Are botanical diet pills safe?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
In brief: Some maybe, some no
This is a very broad question, because so many substances are said to be "diet pills".
Some may also contain substances not listed on the label, as my colleague suggests. Recently, one called "japan rapid weight loss diet pills green" was found to contain phenolphthalein -- a cancer-causing agent not approved for the us market. A good review source is: www.Consumerlab.Com take care out there.

In brief: Some maybe, some no
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Glen Elliott
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: No one knows
These are not under scrutiny of the fda, so there are no efficacy or safety data--nor monitoring for content.
So, you don't really know what you're taking, whether it is apt to help, and what side effects you might be risking.

In brief: No one knows
Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Pamela Pappas
ConsumerLab.com can be a start at monitoring for content -- $33.00 a year to subscribe, not a big investment for most people, for good information that's updated regularly. Best wishes.