Are schools required to accommodate the needs of all children with diabetes?

Dr. Marsha Davis

In brief: Probably

That would be regulated by each state.
In wisconsin they are required to accommodate the needs of children with diabetes. I would imagine in most states the same would be true. You would have to contact the state you live in to find out for sure. Do not rely on what the school tells you. Find out from higher up!

In brief: Probably

That would be regulated by each state.
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Pediatrics - Endocrinology

In brief: Public Schools

Some of this may be dictated by the state, but public schools are mandated to follow the americans with disabilities act.
This federal law makes it possible for families to develop individual 504 plans with their diabetes team which is supposed to bind the school district to provide adequate care for children with diabetes in the schools. Please discuss with your diabetes team.

In brief: Public Schools

Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss