How would I check my blood sugar levels if I have diabetes?

Dr. Carol Cheney
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Testing, HbA1c

On a day to day basis, you can test your blood sugar to see how it is, both before and after meals.
This will tell you both how your medication is working and how your body is responding to the food that you eat. Your physician will also do a test (hba1c) that can tell you how, on the average, your sugars have been over the past three months.

In brief: Testing, HbA1c

Dr. Carol Cheney
Dr. Carol Cheney
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Pediatrics - Endocrinology

In brief: Glucometer

These are meters which use a tiny drop of blood from a finger (usually) to measure blood sugar.
A lancing device comes with the meter so one can prick the finger.

In brief: Glucometer

Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss