Why must I keep a record of my blood glucose monitoring results?

Dr. Ankush Bansal
In brief: Trend
So your doctor can see trends over days but more importantly, during different times of the day.
That way he can adjust your diabetic regimen accordingly to keep your glucose controlled in the right range without much variability high or low.

In brief: Trend
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Vance Harris
In brief: Glucose monitoring
The whole purpose of monitoring your blood sugar levels is to let the doctor know what they are running so that the doctor can adjust your medications.
Having good blood sugar control is essential in preventing complications. If the doctor isn't getting those values then i would wonder why you're checking it also. Bring in the averages or ranges of blood sugars when you see your doc.

In brief: Glucose monitoring
Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Vance Harris