What's type 1 diabetes like?

Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
In brief: Starts early in life
Type 1 starts early in life - kids adapt to illness quicker. Nowadays they have a small electronic tool that helps them deliver the dosage and keep filled with Insulin - i see kids are savy with new equipments and use these like their gaming tools and adapt well.
Most of the people with type 1 adapt well to lifestyle requirements. There are famous people with type 1 - like nick jonas (music).

In brief: Starts early in life
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Natalie Hodge
In brief: Constant challenge
I have a 14 year old with type one diabetes, and I can say that it is a constant challenge.
It fills your thoughts frequently through the day, and doesn't let up. it requires your constant attention, like a crying baby. Then you feel bad often when you don't dose the insulin just right. We are hoping for a cure soon.

In brief: Constant challenge
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Pathology
In brief: Bad
It is a serious life long illness, requiring constant attention to diet and treatment with Insulin injections.

In brief: Bad