Whats a non-epileptic seizure?

Stress. A nonepileptic seizure is a movement that looks like a seizure, but has no change on the brain wave study (eeg). A combination of various stressors like school, home, etc. Can do this. Many patients will say they don't feel stressed, but this can be something underneath. Some patients can have both epileptic and nonepileptic seizures.
Not epileptic. A non-epileptic seizure (nes) is a behavior that may resemble an epileptic seizure but is not caused by abnormal electrical activity in the brain. May be due to a physiological cause (like heart or metabolic reason, or non-physiological cause. The latter is referred to as a psychogenic non-epileptic seizure. It is important to determine which one it is, as the treatment is different.