Can periodontal treatment during pregnancy cause any problems?

Dr. Michael Green
Dentistry
In brief: Perhaps!
Generally, elective treatment should be postponed until after the pregnancy is over! if you can tolerate the treatment without anesthesia or other medications, there are no contraindications! most ob's that we have spoken with would rather have you not take any medications while pregnant!

In brief: Perhaps!
Dr. Michael Green
Dr. Michael Green
Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dentistry
In brief: Wait-2nd trimester
I would advise waiting until your second trimester of pregnancy before getting any dental work done.
Unless there is an emergency. Otherwise, you should be fine. If you wait until later in your final weeks, you may not be comfortable in the laying position and having a joyful bowling ball sitting on your bladder etc. Talk to your gp and the periodontist. Earl.

In brief: Wait-2nd trimester
Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham