How are dental x-rays performed for wisdom teeth?

Panoramic; CBCT. Most commonly, a panoramic xray done, which shows entire jaw and all teeth. Commonly, a cone beam CT is also done to help localize nerves and other structures. For best results, see a board certified oral surgeon for exam/treatment.
Dental X-ray. The standard x-ray for wisdom teeth is called a panoramic x-ray. Today, cone beam ct scans are also done in the surgeon's office.
Depends. The most important thing is to be able to see the entire tooth and root on the x-ray. Most oral surgeons prefer a panoramic view taken with a special machine which allows all of the wisdom teeth and associated structures to be viewed on one x-ray.
Midazolam. Pretty standard for IV sedation performed by omfs. They monitor your bp, oxygen. And respiration during surgery.