When must I call my doctor if I have malocclusion pain?

Dr. Randy Feldman
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: Never
A 'doctor' does not understand nor can treat a malocclusion or pain associated with it.
Best to see an orthodontist-that is their specialty.

In brief: Never
Dr. Randy Feldman
Dr. Randy Feldman
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: Pain?
Not sure this is directly from the malocclusion, but i would see an orthodontist right away.

In brief: Pain?
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dr. Gary Brigham
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: That would be now
Only a dental professional can determine if your pain is due to dental or periodontal infection, occlusal (bite) trauma from malposed teeth, or jaw pain (muscle or joint)associated with tmd.
Call your dentist.

In brief: That would be now
Call your dentist.
Dr. Gary Brigham
Dr. Gary Brigham
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: Agree
I agree w dr ali.
Pain is your bodies signal that you need help. Don't suffer, call you dentist immediately. If he feels your pain is caused by malocclusion, misalignment of teeth and/or jaws, ask him to refer you to an orthodontic specialist.

In brief: Agree
I agree w dr ali.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Call
Sue, if in pain.

In brief: Call
Sue, if in pain.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
2 comments
Dr. David Schleimer
Sue? Iam sure it is a typo.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
I concur with Dr. Schleimer. If patient has pain caused by malposed teeth/jaws, who do you sue, your parents? The proper action is to have cause of pain diagnosed ant then treated. If the cause is malocclusion, the appropriate specialist is an Orthodontist.