What can I do to manage my malocclusion at home?

Dr. Thomas Tilson
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: It depends

This is an interesting question.
I would recommend that you go see a dentist or an orthodontist and ask that question directly. The reason i say this is that I do not know your present dental condition, it is very difficult to say what you can do at home. Take this question to the professional and ask for a good straight forward answer.

In brief: It depends

This is an interesting question.
Dr. Thomas Tilson
Dr. Thomas Tilson
Dr. Hilary Baskin
don't really see how this can be treated at home. I agree-- see an orthodontist
Dr. Jeffrey Miller
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Bracing

Try an athletic mouthpiec for$1 at the sports store and go to a friendly inexpensive orthodontist for advice.

In brief: Bracing

Dr. Jeffrey Miller
Dr. Jeffrey Miller
2 comments
Dr. David Schleimer
A 1$ mouthpiece will not fix a malocclusion. An inexpensive orthodontist, just may turn out to be costly. The only thing I do understand from the answer is "friendly".
Dr. Arnold Malerman
The purpose of a mouthguard is to protect teeth from trauma. It's not an active treatment appliance to correct malocclusion (malrelationship of teeth, jaws, or both). Don't waste your $. Make sure you see a qualified University trained Orthodontic Specialist for initial examination (often no cost) and advice, and choice of financial plans. We're talking about your face, jaws, and teeth. If you needed brain surgery would you seek an "inexpensive Neurosurgeon," no matter how friendly? Ask yhour dentist to recommend the best Orthodontist in your area...it's cheaper in the long run.
Dr. Gary Brigham
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: You cannot

Malocclusions are best evaluated and treated by dental specialists with specific training.
Attempts to manage or treat conditions with home remedies can often create conditions that exacerbate the problems. Consult with a dental specialist.

In brief: You cannot

Dr. Gary Brigham
Dr. Gary Brigham
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Nothing

You need to see an orthodontist.

In brief: Nothing

You need to see an orthodontist.
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Not much

About the same thing you could do to manage appendicitis or a club foot at home.
Please go see an orthodontic specialist who can tell you what's wrong and what needs to be done to fix it. Then follow your orthodontist's instructions between visits to speed progress to a successful conclusion.

In brief: Not much

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman