What kind of doctor will see me in an emergency room?

Depends. It depends on where you are and what you're there for. Usually an emergency medicine trained physician, but especially in smaller towns it might be a family physician or an internal medicine physician. Frequently, with a less severe condition, you might be seen by a nurse practitioner or physician's assistant. In a trauma you might see a surgeon first. The er doc may call a specialist too.