How 2 interpret the results of an ankle-brachial index test?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry
In brief: Normal is 1.0
Above 1.
0 is often indicative of calcified vessels, particularly 1.2 and higher, lower than 1.0 as it decreases more indicative of vascular disease.

In brief: Normal is 1.0
Above 1.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Dan Fisher
In brief: 0.9-1.3 is normal
I hope you are not a doctor. Abi is the ratio of blood pressure in the ankle - as compared to blood pressure in the brachial artery.
> 1.3 suggests calcification and requires further study. 0.9-1.3 is normal. 0.4-0.9 suggests occlusive disease and may be associated with claudication. Less than 0.4 signifies multi vessel disease and may be associated with rest pain, gangrene.

In brief: 0.9-1.3 is normal
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Keegan Duchicela