What's the scope of interventional cardiology?

Branch of Cardiology. It is a branch of cardiology that deals with Catheter Based Treatment of Structural Heart Diseses It involves Cardiac Cathetrization and procedures like Angioplasty and stents placement and following procedures Valvuloplasty dilation of valves Congenital Heart Defect corection like ASD,VSD&PDA Percutaneous Valve Repair or Repacement Coronary Thrombectomy Vast Scope.
Multiple activities. An interventional cardiologist will typically perform cardiac catheterization, coronary angioplasty, coronary stenting, and primary pci for myocardial infarction. A subset of interventional cardiologist will be involved in structural heart disease performing ASD closures, balloon valvuloplasty, and percutaneous aortic valve replacement (tavi).
Getting broader. Cardiology is getting broader scope over time. Interventional cardiovascular physicians now do many different procedures including diagnostic angiography on the heart, the carotids, the renals and any peripheral vascular. They also do stents in these vascular beds. Additionally, closing pfo, vsd, ASD and performing ballon valve procedures and now even percutaneous valves are options.
In Addition... ... Some interventionists perform pacemaker implantations ...Others, like myself, have experience and expertise in the treatment of peripheral vascular where angioplasty, stent placement and other tools are used to improve and reestablish circulation in the extremities, kidneys and carotid arteries.
Very good. Very good for now. Needs to train in endovascular as well.
IC. Interventional cardiology is the subspecialty of cardiology that intervenes invasively on cardiovascular issues. Ranging from coronary stenting, carotid stenting, peripheral vascular disease intervention and more.
Interventional. An interventional cardiologist is someone who does an extra fellowship after cardiology. They specialized in catheter related interventions. For example, if someone has chest pain or a heart attack often an interventional cardiologist will do a catheterization. If he finds a blockage significant enough, he can stent it. The field is now expanding into structural heart disease as well. .