2 doctors weighed in:

Can you get a high from swallowing chlorhexidine gluconate oral rinse?

2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Stanley Siu
Dentistry - Cosmetic
1 doctor agrees

In brief: No

Seek emergency medical attention if you or anyone else has swallowed a large amount of chlorhexidine.
An overdose of Chlorhexidine would occur only if the medicine were swallowed deliberately by an adult or if a child swallows 4 or more ounces. Overdose symptoms may include nausea, vomiting or the appearance of being drunk. If getting drunk is your aim, Chlorhexidine is not your drink of choice!

In brief: No

Seek emergency medical attention if you or anyone else has swallowed a large amount of chlorhexidine.
An overdose of Chlorhexidine would occur only if the medicine were swallowed deliberately by an adult or if a child swallows 4 or more ounces. Overdose symptoms may include nausea, vomiting or the appearance of being drunk. If getting drunk is your aim, Chlorhexidine is not your drink of choice!
Dr. Stanley Siu
Dr. Stanley Siu
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Adam Smith
Board Certified,
13 years in practice
382K people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors