How can I relieve depression that I think is caused by caregiving?

Dr. Miroslava Fox
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Self-care

Are you caring for ill relative or are you in a caregiving profession?Caregiving is tough.
A caregiver really needs to stick to their own self-care schedule and routines -- favorite activities, sleep hygiene, doing something positive for yourself (spa, nails, massage, take your pick :). You can also talk to a counselor to help you set up limits and how to enforce them with respect to caregiving.

In brief: Self-care

Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Anthony Vertino
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Caregiver stress

Caregivers are at risk of depression and other mood issues due to the strain.
Take time off. Rest when you are able. Do fun activities outside the caregiving arena. In short, the best way to deal with this is to take care of you. You'll be better able to care for others if you do.

In brief: Caregiver stress

Dr. Anthony Vertino
Dr. Anthony Vertino
Dr. Cindy Juster