How many times can you perform cardioversion to revert atrial fibrillation to normal sinus rhythm?

There is no limit. However, there is not much point in doing it repeatedly if the patient continues to go back into fibrillation especially if on medicine to maintain normal rhythm. Patients can do quite well even if in fibrillation as long as the heart rate is controlled with medication.
No limit. There is no limit. However, if atrial fibrillation keeps recurring, it would make more sense to explore other options (medications, ablation) rather than to keep undergoing cardioversions - which are not risk free.