What causes my ankles, feet to swell?

Many possibilities. Some causes of swelling of the feet and ankles can include systemic problems such as hypertension, and problems with the kidneys and localized issues such as arthritis, infection, lymphatic obstruction, blood clots, varicose veins, trauma (fracture, sprain, and tendonitis) and side effects to medication. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.
Swelling. Swelling to the foot and ankle is not. This can be caused by a variety of local and systemic problems. Have it evaluated if persistent. Dr l.