Can breast milk make my baby fussy?

In brief: No

Breast milk is warm and tastes yummy to a baby.
So, breast milk should not make a baby fussy. If a baby drinking from the breast seems fussy, but drinking formula seems fine, then the baby might be impatient (try feeding breast milk from a bottle to see what happens). On the other hand, a young baby might fuss on the breast when the let-down occurs because the milk is coming too fast!

In brief: No

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: No

Breast milk is the best formula for your baby.
If the baby is fussy, I would suggest looking for other causes, and checking her/his temperature.

In brief: No

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Kevin Windisch

Certain foods can come across in breast milk and cause acid reflux in the baby.
Try avoidance of caffeine, tomato, cabbage, peppers and onions. You can also try avoid consuming cows milk too.

Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham