Why would I have back pain after sleeping on my stomach?

Dr. Paul Kovatis
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Many reasons
1) faulty, lumpy or loose matress that causes the spine to curve in your sleep (without you knowing it) 2) sleeping patters - many folks think they sleep on the stomach but actually twist and turn during sleep and hurt their backs.
3) **some night pains in the bad can be a signal of something more serious - when in doubt, get checked by a spine md feel better.

In brief: Many reasons
Dr. Paul Kovatis
Dr. Paul Kovatis
In brief: Sleep position
Sleeping on your stomach usually requires you to have your head turned to the side for hours ; makes it difficult to keep the spine in a neutral position.
It also puts pressure on joints ; muscles.

In brief: Sleep position