What's mechanical back pain?

Dr. Jeffrey Glaser
Pain Management
In brief: Tricky
Mechanical back pain is a term usually used to describe pain in the back caused by anything from strain/sprain and/or a variety of other issues including disc problems, alignment problems (spondylolisthesis) etc.
I more definitive dx. Would be helpful to appropriately treat. So - mechanical back pain is a tricky play on words that does not help you much.

In brief: Tricky
Dr. Jeffrey Glaser
Dr. Jeffrey Glaser
Dr. Steven Beer
Neurosurgery
In brief: Activity related
Mechanical back pain is pain which occurs while moving around.
The pain often corelates with the amount of activity an individual is doing. Mechanical back pain is different than rest pain which occurs with no activity and often while lying flat or sitting.

In brief: Activity related
Dr. Steven Beer
Dr. Steven Beer