What all must I do the week before artificial disc replacement surgery?

Dr. Robert Masson
Neurosurgery
In brief: Prehab
I encourage passive cervical range of motion, beneath aggravation of nerve symptoms, long walks to get the body ready for the mild trauma of surgery, improve lung function and minimize risk of blood clots, and most importantly visualize the recovery process in a positive proactive way.

In brief: Prehab
Dr. Robert Masson
Dr. Robert Masson
Dr. Jonathan Hyde
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Prepare
The best advice is to check with your surgeon.
Most would recommend cessation of anti-inflammatory medications and blood thinning medications between 7-10 days prior to surgery. You also may be asked to undergo an enema or bowel prep before surgery.

In brief: Prepare
Dr. Jonathan Hyde
Dr. Jonathan Hyde