I stopped nursing about 3 weeks ago. My son is 16 months old. We are planning for number two. How long does it take the body to start ovulating again?

Dr. Nancy Durso
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Varies

Some women start to ovulate before they stop breastfeeding.
Others may take 4-6 weeks after they stop. If you had irregular cycles before your pregnancy your body may return to the same pattern. If you are monitoring and do not have ovulation after the second cycle you should see your doctor and be tested for a prolactin and thyroid level. Good luck with #2!

In brief: Varies

Dr. Nancy Durso
Dr. Nancy Durso

In brief: Varies

How long it takes to ovulate after you wean is very variable.
I recommend the book "taking charge of your fertility" by toni weschler; she has lots of information on getting pregnant. There is also the website www.Tcoyf.Com.

In brief: Varies

Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham