My mom now 90 had hearing loss at young age but could hear a little and used hearing aid for 20 years now she has suddenly lost all her hearing why?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: Few things...

She might have an wax impaction in the ear canal - which can happen with hearing aids.
Usually sudden hearing loss is from trauma, sudden loud noise or rupture of the ear drum. I'd get this checked out by her doc - they'll do an exam looking for wax impaction, eval the ear drum and likely do a hearing test. Good luck!

In brief: Few things...

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Gutti Rao
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice

In brief: Hearing loss

Your mom may have already sensorineural deafness and it appears to have worsened resulting in total deafness.
It can happen . Try adjusting/ recalibrating the hearing aid or have her ears checked for wax build etc.

In brief: Hearing loss

Dr. Gutti Rao
Dr. Gutti Rao
Dr. Jane Van Dis