My lips and face swell up when I drink alcohol.Am I allergic to alcohol?

Dr. Steven Tucker

In brief: Allergic to alcohol

You might be allergic to alcohol.
Some people have this condition while others may be allergic to a component in an alcoholic beverage (e.g. The mixer). I would avoid alcohol if it gave me those problems.

In brief: Allergic to alcohol

You might be allergic to alcohol.
Dr. Steven Tucker
Dr. Steven Tucker
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

And why are you trying it over and over when you are getting the same results? Some people have a hereditary predisposition to having this kind of reaction.
Nobody needs alcohol to live, and in this era of healthier consumption, many people simply choose to drink non-alcoholic beverages. You can be one of them.

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg