I have a herniated disc l5/s1 and am being refered to a nuerosurgon. What should I expect next?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: He will check you
And see if your case need surgical intervetion or not, the proceed with the treatment.

In brief: He will check you
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Dan Fisher
In brief: Evaluation
Surgeon should evaluate for symptoms warranting surgery (intractable leg pain, progressive loss of motor or sensory function in leg or inability to control bowel/bladder/ sexual function) and an MRI that confirms a nerve lesion in a compatible location.
If indications are not present, medical management (injections, judicious rest, medications, physical therapy, and other therapies) is the norm.

In brief: Evaluation
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Dan Fisher