My mother is diabetic and has high blood pressure. She was recently diagnosed with vertigo but now has shortness of breath, who should she see now?

Primary care doctor. Any person with diabetes and high blood pressure who gets shortness of breath needs to talk with her primary care doctor to get evaluated to make sure she is not having a heart attack. The primary care doctor can refer the her to the E.R., a cardiologist, or pulmonologist, if help is needed in figuring out why she has shortness of breath. If unable to contact her own doctor, she can go to the E.R.
Primary care MD. It is best to start with your primary care physician and let her/him evaluate the situation and discuss with the patient/guardian the next course of action.