I have the stomach flu I drink a lot of pedialyte the vomiting is gone, but the diarrhea continues third day now .?

Dr. Mark Tosca
Urgent Care
In brief: Normal
That's not unusual for stomach flu.
It depends on the particular virus that caused the stomach flu (aka. Viral gastroenteritis). Sometimes stomach flu symptoms can last 10-14 days. As long as you're stay hydrated and are replacing electrolytes you should be fine. In children the use of otc probiotics (ex. Culturelle) has been shown to lessen the duration of diarrhea.

In brief: Normal
That's not unusual for stomach flu.
Dr. Mark Tosca
Dr. Mark Tosca
Dr. Steven Hill
In brief: Solids
You can't make solid stool out of liquids - most people drink lots of fluids, but they forget to add back in real food, start with applesauce, toast with a little margarine, crackers, etc.

In brief: Solids
Dr. Steven Hill
Dr. Steven Hill
Dr. Adam Smith