Can many months of cdif & tx make your colon more likely to perforate from colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy after its cured (test ok & no sx)?

Dr. Tadge Kanjo
Surgery
In brief: Depends
An inflamed colon is at higher risk of complications during colonoscopy as it tends to be thicker, more blood flow, and less flexible.
If your colon has recovered from for C difficle colitis then your risk is back to normal. If you have been chronically ill and you are malnourished as a result you will have a slightly increased risk as well as a decreased ability to recover from a complication.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Tadge Kanjo
Dr. Tadge Kanjo
Dr. Howard Hack
In brief: No
I am not aware of any data to suggest this.

In brief: No
Dr. Howard Hack
Dr. Howard Hack
Dr. Marsha Davis